The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by ASAP Bank on this website and by using the ASAP Bank website generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
- When you register and use this site:
You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
(b) To fulfil our agreement with you and processing and obtaining payment.
(c) To analyze and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing program. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerized technology, for example automatically selecting products and services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services including special offers, discounts, and offers and so on by any of the following methods:
Telephone (including automated calls)
SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
(including products and services of other companies and organizations) which we consider may be of interest to you. When you provide us with your information you will be given the opportunity to say if you do not wish to receive information of such products and services from either us or carefully chosen third parties.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
- In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organizations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may give information about you to companies and organizations whose products we provide to you as follows:
(a) To our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out services for us.
(b) To anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(c) If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customized visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called “cookies” which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customized information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your trolley, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser program your computer uses.
- Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
- We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
- We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Secure online shopping.
- You have the right to see personal data that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
- Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.